Country Roads of Northern Italy (Summer 2020)
Country Roads Of Northern Italy – Summer 2020
Fall in love with Shakespeare’s Verona, experience the elegance of Venice and wonder at the breathtaking beauty of the Dolomites and Italian Lake District before finishing your journey in the majesty of Milan.
- Veneto: Taste crisp and aromatic prosecco with the expert vignerons at a local winery and learn the secret to making the perfect Bellini.
- Como: Choose your own ambience and cuisine from a handpicked selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Baveno: Your Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant is a true delight. Savour delicious Farm-to-Table meals, partnered with sumptuous Italian wines.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing as you watch artisans create delicate works of art.
Top Rated Highlights
- Milan: Explore Italy’s renowned fashion capital with your Local Expert. See the magnificent facade of Milan Cathedral, La Scala Theatre and the glass-vaulted shopping arcade of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, lined with luxury boutiques.
- Trento: See the pristine streets lined by stone castles during your an orientation of this unique, historical city.
- Bolzano: Explore the streets and squares of this alpine town, with your Travel Director.
- Cortina: Enjoy the stunning scenery of the Cortina, a small town framed by magnificent alps as your Travel Director conducts an orientation.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, delight in being serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Sirmione: On Lake Garda, visit this quaint resort and see the 13th century Saligers’ Castle.
- Como: Take in the exquisite views of the lake and it’s backdrop of the Rhaetian Alps as you enjoy an orientation of this magnificent town.
- Baveno: During your orientation with your Travel Director see the cobbled streets and 16th century square.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Italy.
Fair Verona and Trento.
Climb up to Cortina d’Ampezzo.
The Dolomites at Leisure.
Through Prosecco Country to Venice.
The Magic of La Serenissima.
Sirmione and Como.
Como at Leisure and Lake Maggiore.
Italian Lakes at Leisure.