Jordan: Women's Expedition
Jordan: Women’s Expedition
Join an eight-day Women’s Expedition in Jordan as we break the barriers of traditional tourism and discover sisterhood in this inspiring desert nation. Spend a night in Wadi Rum, learn the art of henna with Bedouin women and discover how it has been used for centuries. Relax at a female-only beach, float in the Dead Sea and visit stunning Petra. Learn about traditional marriage from a professional matchmaker, pick up local cooking tips from unsung experts, enjoy afternoon teas and chit-chat with local women. On this female-only adventure, travellers are granted access to a side of life seldom seen by tourists while developing a deeper understanding of Middle Eastern women – with full respect for their traditional cultural values.
- Amman – Beit Sitti cooking class and dinner
- Amman – City Tour
- Amman – Tasting Tour
- Amman – Meet with a Jordanian matchmaker
- Jerash – Roman ruins
- Wadi Rum – Henna with Bedouin women
- Wadi Rum – Desert Jeep tour
- Petra – Guided tour of Petra
- Petra – Petra second day visit (unguided)
- Dead Sea – Swimming opportunity
- Madaba – Al-Maghtas Bethany Baptism site
- Dead Sea – Women-only resort visit
- Madaba – St Georges Church
- Mt Nebo – Site visit
- Amman – Bani Hamida Women’s Weaving Project
- Uncover a lesser-seen side of Jordan as you travel with an all-women group guided by a female tour leader and eat, sip tea and chat with local women along the way.
- Take a cooking class at Beit Sitti, an inviting cooking school run by three sisters who carry on their grandmother’s legacy and dedication to tradition. Hear their stories and help prepare a delicious meal.
- Float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea, then visit a local beach resort that’s only to women on Saturdays. Hang out by the pool and say hello to the local ladies.
- Experience the majesty and mystery of ancient Petra during a guided tour. The first glimpse of the Treasury from the narrow path of the Siq is simply unforgettable.
- Drive through the remarkable desert landscapes of Wadi Rum, then take a look behind closed doors as local Bedouin women join you to share their knowledge of henna application – a truly special experience.
- Pop in for a cup of tea at the home of a renowned Jordanian matchmaker where you’ll learn about local marriage customs and how she pairs couples together.