Sicily's East Coast in Depth
Sicily’s East Coast in Depth
Experience the splendour of Sicily’s East Coast on a six-day Intrepid adventure covering its hotspots. Sip granitas overlooking the beaches of Taormina, climb high above the Ionian Sea on a private Mt Etna tour, travel by train to the ancient alleys of Siracusa (Syracuse) and be enlightened by a traditional way of swordfishing from two sisters in Messina. Basing yourself in Catania, and with a great balance struck between inclusions and free time, your Sicilian adventure covers all the important bits, at a pace that suits you. Sicily is laidback Italy – a match made in heaven, and the best combination while on holiday.
- Catania – Fish Market Visit & Snack
- Catania – Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Mt Etna – Cable Car & Truck to Mt Etna’s Summit
- Mt Etna – Day Trip with Vulcanological Guide
- Mt Etna – Lava Caves Exploration
- Siracusa – Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Siracusa – Day Trip by Local Train
- Siracusa – Greek Theatre Archaeological Site Visit
- Taormina – Leader-led Orientation Walk
- Messina – Boat Trip & Sustainable Fishing Experience with Lunch
- Many parts of Catania are a hive with activity, and none more so than its renowned fish market. Stroll through the bustle and chaos, stopping by some local street vendors for a fresh and tasty snack.
- Experience the mighty Mt Etna up close and personal on a private tour to its summit area. You’ll travel by cable car and 4×4 Unimog, plus have the chance to head deep into a lava cave!
- Join two sisters on their traditional felucca boat as you learn about a more traditional way of swordfish fishing in Messina. Part of a fish cooperative, these women will provide all the nautical know-how.
- Take the train to the ancient town of Siracusa (Syracuse) and stroll the historic streets with your leader. You’ll also have the chance to see the cavea of Siracusa’s Greek Theatre in all its open-air splendour.
- So much to see in Sicily calls for time to choose your own adventure. With plenty of free time included in Catania, Siracusa and Taormina, you’ll be seeing the things that matter to you.
Mt Etna / Catania
Siracusa / Catania
Ganzirri / Taormina / Catania